aka: Experience Points
Web Designer/Applications Developer 2 for Salem-Keizer School District
March 2017 – Current / Salem, OR
- Redesign and modernize the primary district website – http://salkeiz.k12.or.us
- Maintain district website, including several high schools, all middle schools, and all 42 elementary schools, as well as various departments using WordPress
- Create standards and templates for school and department websites to follow
- Use Sharepoint to create district template for intranet web sites.
- Provide training and support for website editors
Graphic Design Technician for Salem-Keizer School District
August 2010 – March 2017 / Salem, OR
- Developed and maintained visual identities and branding for the district, departments, and non-profit organizations.
- Provided direct technical consultation with customers to determine design projects’ overall style and format. Selected paper, ink colors, type styles, and artwork for projects. Established reasonable time lines which took into account time for design, production, and delivery.
- Performed skilled art design for a variety of projects, including single-color, spotcolor, or process color print media, apparel artwork, and online content.
- Prepared customer projects using current design software to include formatting, editing, and sending files directly to press plating system or high speed copiers.
- Maintained Auxiliary Services department’s website content. Implemented Auxiliary Services’ and Financial Services’ websites transition to an online content management system (WordPress & Drupal Gardens).
Advertising Executive/Graphic Designer for Town & Country Realty
May 2009 – April 2010 / Corvallis, OR
- Provided graphic design support for approximately 40 real estate agents including writing ad copy, producing a biweekly tabloid-sized catalog, creating professional flyers for listings, postcards, and newspaper advertising.
- Maintained database of all listed properties and their advertising schedule.
- I cut back on advertising cost through coordination with printer and newspaper companies to eliminate excess copies of the Real Estate Guide insert. Increased listing exposure through a more efficient layout, allowing for 150% more listings per issue. Added an on-line version of the Guide to increase visibility and to cut back on mailing costs.
- Increased company exposure through use of social networking sites Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
AXI logo Marketing Manager for Algae-X International
November 2007 – October 2008 / Fort Myers, FL
- Planned print advertising and trade show appearances for the year. Negotiated media buys for approved advertising.
- Designed print advertising for specific marketing sectors to convey the company’s specialized products in fuel conditioning systems.
- Created marketing pieces that reflected a technologically advanced company: magazine ads, data sheets, manuals, business cards, newsletter, catalog, and web site.
- Provided basic in-house computer support: set up computer and e-mail for new employees, maintained internal and external password integrity, upgraded memory and software, controlled spam parameters, verified backups, and trouble shot various user computer-related issues
Freelance Graphic Designer dba/Emotive Ink
October 2004 – October 2007 / Albany, OR
- Provided design services for my former employer, Fuse Advertising Agency, for several years after my position was outsourced. Created brand identities and print advertising for Fuse clients.
- Designed websites and trained business owners on site maintenance. Evaluated and selected interactive components and third party vendors for websites.
- Created logos; designed business cards, and print advertising.
- Assisted with blocking, props, and make-up for television commercials.