City of Obsidian
… now with shanty neighborhoods surrounding outside the city walls
Took the hand-drawn map of Obsidian into PhotoShop and had some fun. (The original sketch of Obsidian is here.) Added the shanty neighborhoods outside of the city walls. Sat it on a black background and change the color pallette of the map.
Labeled City of Obsidian
(most of the information below in the extended legend is a repeat of the information in the orignal post)
- The Frenzied Ferret Dance Hall & Eatery – wild dance parties, gambling, and talent contest. Great place for a bard to practice their arts.
- Salty Swan Retreat – Bathhouse and adult entertainment/companionship
- The Tipsy Unicorn Tavern & Inn – Cheap drinks & small rooms
- Dizzy Dragon Den – Nicer place for travelers to eat and rest for the night.
Rooms 1gold per night; Stables 6 silver per mount
Food Specialties: Dragon Pepper Poppers, Dragon’s Breath Ale
Yahkle Arodite (Dwarf); talkative cheery fellow; closely shorn red hair; no beard nor eyebrows; happy to spin a yarn about how his beard burn off and how lovely life as a dwarf is without a beard
- Mayor’s Office – Mayor Kayrem O’Riley. Male gnome with greenish hair, vibrant blue eyes, plaid red/black suit with black button up shirt and matching pocket square.
Glenarra, Mayor’s Assistant. Female halfling, flaxen haired, tired rings under her dark brown eyes, horribly hung over from partying at the Frenzied Ferret last night.
- Military Barracks for Sovereign’s Troops – Colonel Bodo Mutah. Male gnome, gray & grizzled
- The Congregation of The Somewhat Virtuous – a collection of chaotic good god kiosks; layout is a maze of cubicles that changes everytime you enter the building
Calista. Seerer. Human androgynous. Royal blue; follower of Daghdha
Cleric Zorbit (Cleric of Aphrodite). Halfling female, short bobbed orange hair; grey eyes
- Temple of Eternal Song
- Keepers of Balance
- Paragons of Pelor
- Sparks Refinery & Warehouse – Entrance to the diamond mine is inside the warehouse; most of the surrounding warehouses are also owned by VonBellor and used for processing the diamonds
Buric VonBellor. 1/2-Elf male. Head honcho of mines – technically, the diamond mines belong to the country of Briarstone and the sovereign
The mine tunnels below the town of Obsidian twist and turn, up, down, and back upon itself … who knows how far out or down this mines might go?
- The Pounding Hammer Smithy – Industrial and normal smithy (horse shoes, wheels, pipes, etc.
- Metal Mayhem – Specializes in basic armor and shields; some +1 magical armor and shields
- The Majestic Gray Blade – sells well-crafted bladed weapons; some magical
Can do some custom work for the right price
- Berttle’s Bloody Blades – shadier magical items and slimy proprietor;
Berttle is a angry, greasy gnome who bellows at his apprentice, Goffenmauker, but is cloyingly nice and ingratiating to buyers
- The Raven’s Maze – basic magic items (potions/scrolls)
- The Dapper Dandy – magical cloth items made to order (cost 2x normal)
Also makes beautifully embellished sword sheaths and quivers
- The Royal Yeti – fancy clothier
- Duke’s Castle – Not much is known about the Duke by the locals. The royalty here is rarely seen out mingling with the commoners
- Darkhallow Gaols – Prison for unruly minors and adventurers. Rumor has it that there are hidden levels of the dungeon where the Duke tortures keeps the vilest of his enemies
- Open Market – From fresh produce, meats, jewelry, and random other vendors that may change with the seasons
w = warehouse
T = guard tower
3 responses to “Map: Obsidian, Improved Upon!”
[…] details on the individual buildings can be found on my Designer-Geek blog, City of Obsidian […]
[…] out the improved upon version of this map of Obsidian posted in April […]